I want to assure you that we are closely monitoring information about the coronavirus that causes COVID-19.
We have a business continuity plan in place and have assembled a COVID-19 task force that meets daily to help coordinate our response to situations related to the illness that may impact our company. We plan to keep you updated at least on a daily basis.
The health and safety of our employees is our top priority.
- Our task force reviews new guidelines issued by the Monroe County Health Department and will comply with recommendations for keeping our work environment as safe as possible.
- Health officials in our community are reminding people that hand-washing — done the right way — is one of the most effective ways to keep COVID-19 at bay. We want to encourage all of you to take the time you need to step away from your desks to wash your hands.
- Our cleaning crew is following ongoing infection control practices and uses products with disinfecting properties. Extra attention is being given to high touch areas.
- Our two-day work-from-home trial will begin Monday to help us prepare to accommodate alternate worksites should it become necessary.
- A plan for how we will share information with employees is in place and we are developing more ways to communicate with everyone.
We have also reached out to our customers to share our plans for responding to COVID-19 and have heard from them how pleased they are that we have robust plans in place. They have also taken the opportunity to review their plans which, at this time, remain close to business as usual in the cancer and transplant departments we typically serve.
While this situation is new to our community, we have confidence that everything is being done to minimize the impact to our families and the company.
We have developed a Q&A for your reference. As new information becomes available, we will update accordingly.
I want to emphasize that we are in this together, we are committed to supporting one another, and I am confident we will adapt to whatever situation comes our way.
Please feel free to reach out to your manager or me if you have questions or concerns.